Termly Health and Safety Reminder
Please take time to read the following.
Please also share with/forward to other adults who are involved in the care of your child, and dropping off and picking up.
- Sickness/Diarrhoea – Please ensure that if your child has sickness or diarrhoea, that they DO NOT RETURN to school until 48 HOURS AFTER the last bout of illness. Children returning to school early greatly increases the risk of spread of infection. Thank you. NHS Guidance is available here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/diarrhoea-and-vomiting/
- Hand-washing, coughing and sneezing– We are all now back to school after holidays, already our 2nd week back! As the heating goes on, and spending more time with each other we are naturally sharing each others’ germs. A reminder of some basic hygiene rules are below.
- Packed Lunches – A reminder that any packed lunch waste should be taken home, and not disposed in the dinner hall bins. This is to support school budget as the school is charged per kilogram for waste that is collected. Many thanks.
- Car Parking – Car parks are for staff only. Some families with a disability parking badge are permitted to use them. Please remember that children and adults should not walk through the car park – they should enter the school via the main gate (see below).
- Entering/Leaving the school – When you enter/leave the school, please make sure you close the gate. It is a heavy gate, but you are able to close it. It’s deliberately heavy so that it can stay shut and keep children safe in the playground. See also: https://hanover.aberdeen.sch.uk/2019/05/23/school-security-and-access-for-parents/
- Lining Up – Please stand well back once the children are lined up. There is a white boundary line in the infant playground. It is important that the teachers have a clear view of their classes. Thank you.
- Termly Head Lice Reminder – Please continue to check heads regularly. Guidance can be viewed by clicking on the links here: https://hanover.aberdeen.sch.uk/2019/05/06/termly-reminder-head-lice-detection-and-treatment-2/
- Routines – As we all get back into the routines of back to school, please remind children to take home jumpers, gym bags, water bottles, left over snacks and/or packed lunch boxes, etc.
Again, thank you everyone in taking the time to read this post. We very much appreciate it.