NHS Minor Ailment Service at your local pharmacy

The NHS Minor Ailment Service at your local pharmacy: Information for patients

What is the NHS Minor Ailment Service?

  • The Minor Ailment Service is an NHS service for children, people aged 60 or over, people who hold a medical exemption certificate and people on certain benefits.
  • When you are registered for the Minor Ailment Service, your pharmacist can give you medicine for a minor illness or complaint, if they think you need it. You will not have to pay for this.

Click on the link for direct government information: https://www.gov.scot/publications/nhs-minor-ailment-service-local-pharmacy-2/

The downloadable leaflet is attached also: 00515251 (1)